[wp-hackers] WP 2.7 : why using POST when GET is enough ?

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Wed Dec 24 16:11:54 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm not a WP-hacker, but I hope my request will fall in good hands.

Since version 2.7, WP uses POST method to request "wp-cron.php?
check=...". What is the point ?
My antispam filter works by denying POST method to people who fail to
provide proper credentials. It's implemented on the server side (in
httpd.conf). Then, the POST method is denied for wordpress or whatever
process on the server.
I had to edit wp-includes/cron.php to replace wp_remote_post with
wp_remote_get.
I need to get rid of every POST requests made locally, and replace
them with GET requests.

regards,

patpro