[wp-hackers] settings_fields and check_admin_referer

Jan Weinschenker kontakt at weinschenker.name
Sun Dec 21 17:57:57 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the usage of the new function seetings_fields.
Following this conversation:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2008-October/022168.html

... I made these changes to my plugin. Off of "admin_init" I am calling this
function to register my settings:
register_setting('feedreading_blogroll_settings_group',
'feedreading_blogroll_settings', 1)

In my option-form, I have the following line:
settings_fields('feedreading_blogroll_settings_group');

Now I wonder in which way I have to add the call of check_admin_referer() to
my plugin? Is this still necessary?

In the past I called this function from within one of my own functions that
was rendering my admin-page. Now it seems, I can't maintain the arguments
for check_admin_referer() I have used in the past.

Now, when I fill out the form and press "save changes" I get redirected to a
page that simply asks "Are you sure you want to do this?". Unfortunately,
the are no buttons supplied where I could click "yes" or "no".

What would be the correct argument for check_admin_referer()? Is there a
template for a WordPress-plugin that uses all the new functions from the
WP2.7-plugin-API?

You can download the plugin here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feed-reading-blogroll/. Unfortunately,
the current version contains the bug with the "Are you sure you want to do
this?"-question. D'oh.

Best regards
Jan