[wp-hackers] Restrict users to given categories

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Fri Dec 19 17:08:27 GMT 2008

yeah. RM doesn't actually add any new roles/capabilities/features to
wp, it just gives you a UI for manipulating the existing system. You
can create new custom *roles* or add specific capabilities to specific
users but you need to code your own systems to implement any custom
*capabilities* you want to run.

Looks like role scoper does a lot more than that, so you'll have to
get that fixed or find another solution to your content delegation
issues.

jer

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dino Termini <dino at duechiacchiere.it> wrote:
> Jeremy Clarke wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure about the exact features of Role Scoper regarding
>> categories, but the other major Capability management plugin is Role
>> Manager: http://www.im-web-gefunden.de/wordpress-plugins/role-manager/
>>
>> it might help you on your way.
>
> Thank you Jeremy,
>
> I was taking a look at Role Manager, but I cannot figure out how to use it
> for what I need. As far as I can see there are not "per category"
> restrictions available. I can create new roles, but I don't see how to
> restrict them to a given category.
>
> Thank you,
> dino.

Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org