[wp-hackers] Known when on Comment page x?

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:33:35 GMT 2008

I would far rather have the comments pages in separate jQuery Tabs [1], so I
could browse to "example.com/post/#comment-page-1" - this would solve our
SEO problems, keep end user functionality, allow AJAX loading of the
comments (so we aren't loading the pages each time), and would degrade
gracefully without CSS/JS.
jQuery is shipped with WP, and Tabs has been included in the latest version
of jQuery UI (which may be shipped with WP, but not sure).

What are people's thoughts on this? I don't see why this enhancement
couldn't be made as soon as 2.7.1...

[1] http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs_3/

-- Alex