[wp-hackers] paged comments problem

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Dec 15 19:04:07 GMT 2008

Hi all --

I use a theme that is a mildly modified version of the Default theme
(probably the 2.5 Default theme).  i want to update so I'm using the
new WP 2.7 paged comments, so I replaced my old comments.php with the
one from the new 2.7 Default theme.  Should be good, right?  Wrong.

On my test server I have a post with 11 comments (one of which is a
threaded reply to another).  I set the Options to break comments at
every 10.  The comments all show on one page.  Okay.

Now I add a comment.  The page reloads and I see no comments, but I
see the "older comments" navigation link.  When I look at the address
bar, I see that I'm on comment-page 11 !  Oooops!  If I navigate to
the post page sans "comment-page" bit, comments show as expected --
paged and all.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?  Again, there are minor
changes to the overall theme (the header is modified graphically,
etc.), but this is the exact comments.php from WP 2.7 Default theme.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>