[wp-hackers] Uploading media in wordpress

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Mon Dec 15 15:54:40 GMT 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 7:34 AM, Param Aggarwal wrote:
>  I am very unsatisfied with the "Media Uploader".

The uploading part is pretty cool I think. I wish Gmail for instance would
use something similar.

There is still room for improvements, though. I've just written an article
with several screenshots and, while it's been a breeze to upload all the
images and get them thumbnailed in one click, inserting them one by one in
the post has been a real infuriating pain because the damn lightbox closes
when you click "Insert into post", so you have to reopen it.

I think it should:
- auto close when clicking on "Insert" if there are no other images in the
current gallery
- wait for your manual closing otherwise.

Ozh