[wp-hackers] Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Dec 12 16:41:25 GMT 2008

Honestly, I don't think they should have themes in there that link
back to a theme author's site if ANY of the themes that author has are
non-GPL. Why should WordPress promote anybody who violates the
WordPress license?

A theme that is not GPL is in violation of the WordPress license.
Period. It is not possible to create a non-GPL-compatible theme and
remain legal.

-Otto