[wp-hackers] Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Jeff Chandler jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com
Fri Dec 12 06:32:32 GMT 2008

So, some big news came out the other night about someone removing over
200 themes from the WordPress theme repository due to the external links
within them. I've reported on the issue based on what I've been able to
find out http://www.jeffro2pt0.com/why-were-200-wordpress-themes-removed
Justin Tadlock and the original topic start Spectacu.la have all
discussed the issue. Since there is no WP-Theme mailing list, I figured
this would be the best place to get an official response from either
Matt or a higher up explaining why the themes were removed. All points
aside, it's my opinion that a lack of a public statement regarding the
removal of those themes was a bone headed move and a good way to lose
trust even if it was for a good purpose.