[wp-hackers] Permalink problems

RePost repost_08 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 05:46:58 GMT 2008

I've recently moved my site to WordPress, mainly to take advantage of
the "friendly urls" format.

My new sitemap looks pretty good, but none of the new urls have appeared
in Google, so I can't measure the success of my transition from one blog
format to another.

However, I have noticed that the Web Crawl in Google Webmaster Tools
returns thousands of 404 errors.

Here's the concern: Many of those 404 errors are urls that append
WordPress default urls (?p=) to WordPress-friendly urls.

Those urls appear in this format:
http://www.mysite.com/2006/07/12/here-is-my-story/?p=18

I would expect the WordPress permalink structure to prevent these sorts
of errors. Is there anything I can do on my end to prevent them?

Thanks.