[wp-hackers] Roles and capabilities

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Tue Dec 9 17:13:27 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
>> http://www.im-web-gefunden.de/wordpress-plugins/role-manager/
>
> That Role Manager plugin is great. Would there be traction for adding its
> functionality to core in the future? It seems to me that anyone with several
> users needs the capabilities of Role Manager, or something like it, and core
> currently offers basically nothing.

Getting Pie-in-the-sky here, but if RM can't be integrated into core,
which I think is reasonable since it's overhead that most people don't
need, it would be great if it was treated as a kind of crucial plugin
that will be stewarded by Automattic if the great im-web-gefunden guy
ever falls behind (rather than waiting months as we did the last time
it was abandoned). The cap system implies the plugin, and people who
use it depend on it, just like people depend on Akismet.

Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org