[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin upgrade broken?

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:38:01 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Michael E. Hancock
<justmichaelh at gmail.com>wrote:

> From: "scribu" <scribu at gmail.com>
>
>> I'm using WordPress 2.7-almost-rc-9965 and I have a plugin installed, with
>>> version 1.7.2. The problem is that it doesn't detect that there is a
>>> newer
>>> version (1.7.3) on Extend. When I open it from the Plugin Installer page,
>>> it
>>> displays version 1.7.3 correctly, but it says "Latest version installed".
>>>

> Have 2.7-RC1-10041 installed.
> 1.  Did Plugins-Add New, used Author 'scribu' search and saw six plugins.
> Installed 'Deviant Thumbs 1.7.4 and activated it.
> 2.  Did Plugins-Installed and deactived Deviant Thumbs, then did Edit on
> that Plugin, and changed version to 1.7.2.
> 3.  Visited Plugins-Installed and it showed message, "There is a new
> version of Deviant Thumbs available. View version 1.7.4".  Did the 'upgrade
> automatically' thing and it executed the upgrade successfully.

Yeah, thats the plugin I was talking about. Also manually modified the
version from 1.7.3 to 1.7.2 etc. and nothing happened.

The Nofollow Free plugin has also been upgraded recently and still no update
notice.

The update notices were working fine on the same host with WP 2.6.

--
http://scribu.net