[wp-hackers] Plugin main file name

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Aug 26 04:36:19 GMT 2008

On Aug 25, 2008, at 11:18 PM, DD32 wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:06:09 +1000, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Here's my question:
>> Does plugins_loaded run immediately after all the plugins are
>> loaded?  Is there something better I might hook to?  All plugins
>> have to have been loaded so that we've seen all the
>> strider_core.php files that might exist, so I think this is where
>> to do it.
>
> plugins_loaded is the best hook.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-settings.php#L473
>
> You'll find the plugin inclusion code on line #448

Thanks for that.  One significant problem with my system is that you
can't use such a plugin to redefine any of the functions in wp-
includes/pluggable.php.  Dang.

Looking at the code, I'm not sure why plugins_loaded comes after
including pluggable.php in the first place.  Would make sense to
include the plugins and then immediately have plugins_loaded.

Ah well.