[wp-hackers] Re: permalinks redirected despite WP_SITEURL

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Aug 25 20:55:52 GMT 2008

On Aug 25, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Otto wrote:

> Can anybody tell me why WordPress doing this stupid, stupid thing? The
> GUID is NOT the right place to store the URL!

Choose one:

1) 'Cuz someone accepted a stupid, stupid patch
2) Because the true intent of GUID is not well documented

Following the previous email, I looked in my own database.  My GUIDs
vary between "pretty" permalinks and non-pretty (e.g. ?p=76 ) links.

It occurs to me that the pretty permalink is not a very good permanent
ID for use as you describe, as permalinks can change. If the GUID is
meant to be a permanent unique ID, it should probably be the "real"
URL with the GET info.

Anyway, I'll see if a similar issue is causing my problem...

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>