[wp-hackers] Re: permalinks redirected despite WP_SITEURL

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Aug 25 19:48:50 GMT 2008

The GUID field should not be used as a URL anywhere in the whole of
WordPress. The fact that it is a URL is only coincidental.

All the GUID field should be is a globally unique identifier. That's
it. The URL is good for this because it will be unique across all
blogs everywhere in the world. Admittedly, I prefer to use a real UUID
in my designs, but the URL works just as well.