[wp-hackers] WP 2.7 menu sidebar

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Fri Aug 22 14:05:36 GMT 2008

No worries, we have that under our belt :)
The book should be published in november, but the publisher wants us
to send the whole content verrrrry soon.
So there's a good chance 2.7 will be available before the book.
The idea anyway was not to redo all captures according to 2.7, but
merely write a last chapter on what to possibly expect.
2.7 is even more of a change to 2.6 than 2.5 was to 2.3, so we just
can't watch crazyhorse going to trunk without wanting to have a say
about it in our dead-tree thing :)

-x.

2008/8/22 Glenn Ansley <glenn at glennansley.com>:
> WordPress makes 4 major releases a year (usually). Unless your book is going
> to be self-published or going to print real soon, it might be a bad idea to
> get too specific in the what's coming section: <
> http://wordpress.org/about/roadmap/>. It'd be a shame for your book to cater
> to the 2.7 crowd and not publish until 2.8 or 2.9 is out. Just a thought.
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Xavier Borderie <xavier at borderie.net>wrote:
>
>> Yup, I'm already planning on a separate "What's next for WordPress"
>> chapter about 2.7, rather than redoing all captures.
>> Just want to know how close to the final resultat this should be. As I
>> understand, the crazyhorse tests where more directed at the menu
>> itself, that shouldn't change, right? Or are further tests planned?
>>
>> -x.
>>
>> 2008/8/22 Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com>:
>> > It's staying in AFAIK, but it has a long, long way to go. Things will be
>> > changing.

>> > --
>> > Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/
>> >

>> --