[wp-hackers] WP 2.7 menu sidebar

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Aug 22 03:37:45 GMT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 10:27 PM, Stephen Rider wrote:

> The menu on the sidebar is very cool (in WP 2.7 bleeding).  My only
> criticism is that on the Plugins menu, "Manage Plugins" really ought
> to be the top item, rather than "Install".
>
> Still -- Nice work folks.  Excellent addition.

Okay, actually, my criticism of Install being the top Plugin Menu item
just got a lot bigger.

You've changed the link for anything that is a sub-menu item of
plugins.php.  WHY does WordPress insist on these completely arbitrary,
completely USELESS, plugin-breaking changes?

Zero purpose, and how many plugin developers are going to have to push
out new versions just to do fixes (and %^*$#%! forked code) for this
kind of thing?

This is the kind of thing that gives WordPress a bad reputation for
breaking plugins.  This is the second thing I've seen in 2.7 that
breaks stuff for no reason -- the first being the pointless changes to
the output of get_plugin_data().

What a damned waste of time.  AGAIN.

Stephen

--