[wp-hackers] Multi-language support feature

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:04:42 GMT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Pixline › Paolo Tresso
<supporto at pixline.net> wrote:
> I know, that's why I almost forked Gengo by myself last winter, but merged
> back with the main trunk in 2008, because I was lucky to gain attention from
> Jamie. But now I'm acting as maintainer, I'm trying to get it back working,
> because there are many websites is running it, and many of them are still
> stuck at 2.2 or worse.

That's good news! I have also tried to modify it so that it works with
sub-language scripts (like pt_BR, zh_CN or similar), but Jamie is not
willing to make it work, thinking the language alone suffices, and
that's why I abandoned the idea of adopting Gengo at that time.
Perhaps time to take a fresh look again.

Abel

> Speaking by myself, I'm open to every kind of collaboration, because I think
> the point here is to have a working multilanguage plugin, and not to have
> plenty of half-working ones.
>
> Maybe we can talk about this off-list, if you like.
>
> Cheers,
> Paolo

Abel Cheung (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1 41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF