[wp-hackers] Lost categories upgrading to 2.5.1

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:03:48 GMT 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:52:13 +0200, "Alexander Beutl" <xel at netgra.de>
wrote:

>> If WP never have privileges to CREATE table.. how where you able to
>> install it first time?
>
>Because it was created by another MySQL User who had permissions of course -
>because it was imported with another user.

I know... well this mean that system was intended to be used by users
but managed for sysadmin by another user with right priveleges. Then
try tu upgrading WP by a normal user is against how that system was
intended to be used.

Tne it's a no problem again not a WP bug, even id adding a check and a
warning would be nice, but not a bug if not present.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it