[wp-hackers] Lost categories upgrading to 2.5.1

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Apr 30 05:17:26 GMT 2008

It looks like certain tables havnt been created.

Heres what i'd personally do:
Check the permissions for the user that WordPress uses to connect to the
database and grant it Drop and Create Privledges (at least temporarily),
Set the db_version option in the database back to the 2.2.x value, and
then force another upgrade to take place.

For the db_version:
http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Installation#How_do_you_force_a_database_upgrade.3F

If you dont want to give WP the ability to create/drop tables, You could
manually create the wp_terms, wp_term_taxonomy, and wp_term_relationships
tables from the SQL Schema in /wp-admin/includes/schema.php, but thats
potentially difficult if you dont set the correct names/charsets