[wp-hackers] is_front_page should have it's own template file

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Apr 23 15:11:56 GMT 2008

That could be fixed, here was my thought: front.php is a pretty standard
name, and a lot of themes may have this already, and it may not be for
this specific use case.  I used the hyphen because the category pages
are hyphenated (category-6.php).

Having some people weigh in on the ticket itelf would probably be nice.
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6801

Otto wrote:
> Aaron:
>
> Call it front.php, not front-page.php. Too long, and addition of a
> dash makes it confusing. All the rest of the page names are simple,
> keep it simple too.
>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Aaron D. Campbell <aaron at xavisys.com> wrote:
>
>> Not exactly:
>>
>>  if is_home=true