[wp-hackers] is_front_page should have it's own template file

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Tue Apr 22 19:24:26 GMT 2008

Good point.  In order to keep backwards compatibility, if the user uses
posts as the front page, it should really go:
front.php -> home.php -> index.php

If the user uses a static page:
customTemplate -> front.php -> page.php -> index.php

I attached a new diff to the ticket:
http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/6801/6801.002.diff

Would that make more sense?