[wp-hackers] Comment client for WordPress

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:51:26 GMT 2008

>> It's completely up to you what platforms you support, however, if you
want
>> the application to be successful and accessible for as many WordPress
users
>> as possible you must support all thre major operating systems.

> You forgot mobile devices and others blog engines such as blogger.com and
> livejournal.com. I can quickly extent my application for blogger.com and
> livejournal.com and perhaps for others blog engines. But not other
operating
> systems. I created application for 2 months.

Okay, so we don't have Adobe AIR on mobile devices yet, but Adobe are
working towards that [1].

I don't think you understood me right...

The benefits of using Adobe AIR are that you write the application once and
it works for many operating systems. It's up to you what your application
does, support as many blog hosts as you want. Adobe AIR is merely a
development framework which will allow you to run the same application on
any operating system AIR itself is installed on.

Alex

[1]
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/AIR:Developer_FAQ#Does_Adobe_AIR_support_mobile_devices.3F