[wp-hackers] Comment client for WordPress

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:11:44 GMT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Vladimir Yushko <yahoo2 at yarrowsoft.com> wrote:
> * nix is not a commercial platform unlike MAc. I know that you can say to me about *nix. But *nix
>  users are not accustomed to pay (holly war?).

Several million AIX, Solaris, SCO, Novell, RedHat and Irix users just
had infarctions at that comment.

And just because we believe that software should be Libre doesn't mean
we think it should be free beer.

> I can safely ignore any
>  platform except Windows.

At your peril.  You'll find that, like first person shooter
developers, most people with CPU cycles to spare and servers to donate
to your cause run some flavor of UNIX (likley a Linux or BSD variant).
 It's about mindshare amongst the community literati, really.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/