[wp-hackers] Simple comment spam experiment

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Thu Apr 17 15:41:44 GMT 2008

>By the way, about 55% of my total spam was trackback spam, and I've
>eliminated virtually all of it just by using the Simple Trackback
>Validation plugin[3], so I've turned off Akismet (which used to catch
>hundreds of spams a day).

Although you'd think blog spam is pretty similar accross the planet, I
guess none of use is really experiencing the same kind of spam. I get
*exactly* 0% trackback and 100% comments in my spam folder. Not a single
trackback in the spam folder since Akismet showed spam type (for the
record, I use BB & Akismet)