[wp-hackers] Can someone verify this

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Wed Apr 16 08:37:50 GMT 2008

This is what I found out using the software on many blogs - I didn't check
one line of code with this issue so I may be wrong anyway:

WordPress doesn't allow Posts not being assigned into a catagory for some
reason which I do not understand... so there is no chance in not haveing at
least one category. you may call that 1 or whatever you like - if you've got
a standard category and kill that one it seams WordPress will create a new
one whenever you post the next post which will have the id of the category
which was the standard one before as a name. Maybe this is exactly what
happens when you post a page and have no category matching the id saved for
standard category...but as I said I didn't check this - only checked if the
same happens when I follow those steps but failed in archiving what you
described.

Alex