[wp-hackers] Re: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 39, Issue 52

Michael Torbert mrtorbert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:30:36 GMT 2008

On one of my sites, every so often categories with numerical names will
appear.

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: gbellucci <gabellucci at gmail.com>
Subject: [wp-hackers] Can someone verify this
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com

WordPress 2.5

Go to Manage / Pages
Assign a page a parent and save the change
Go to Manage / Categories
You now have a new category named '1'

I've tried this on two of my online web sites along with my local
server test site and they all seem to do the same thing. Word Press
(somewhere along the way) calls wp_insert_term. I'm fairly sure it has
something to do with attempting to add categories to a page in the
post update call.

Message: 7