[wp-hackers] GPL/WP-compatible icon sets?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:28:14 GMT 2008

Howdy all,
I've been plunking along on a theme and have been using the very nice
Mini Icons 2 (available here:
http://www.brandspankingnew.net/archive/2006/12/hohoho.html) and I am
just about ready to release the theme.  However, I noted last night
that the MI2 icons are licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 2.5.  If I read the FSF/Gnu take correctly,
CC-anything is not GPL-compatible, thus I'm not really sure if I can
include them with my (intended-to-be) GPLv2'd theme.

I've not licensed my work yet, so perhaps there is another
WP-compatible license that I could ship the theme under to skirt
this..?

Thoughts? Suggestions?  Pointers to excellent GPL/LGPL-compat icons?

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/