[wp-hackers] Re: File Editing in Admin Backend

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Tue Apr 15 07:33:49 GMT 2008

what about leaving this choise for the user?
maybe there will be plugins featuring .template or whatever files so this
choise could be left for the user (entryfield, seperate fileextensions by ,
or whatever delimiter. Could default to php, xhtml, html, htm, js, css and
maybe txt since this will be the most common I think - but you may even
choose not to set any defaults and only show php until someone wants more
and enters it into that field. If one really wants to edit an image file via
texteditor - hey why stop him, "normal" text editors don't stop them eighter
;-)