[wp-hackers] New Feature: insert header & footer snippets

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Apr 12 20:10:04 GMT 2008

I think it looks like an excellent idea.

I like the idea of additions that allow you to programatically alter
themes without altering the theme files.  Makes installing updates to
the theme a lot easier.

Personally, I use a fairly modified default theme.  I just recently
updated it to include improvements to the newest version of the
default theme -- I used a Diff application on the theme directory and
then selectively apply differences to my customized theme.

That's not to hard for me because I'm a geek and I own useful software
that the average blogger doesn't own.  It would be great to be able to
easily make these changes without actually changing the files.

The inclusion of Widgets was a _big_ step towards this.  Your idea
would act as a sort of text widget for the header.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>