[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin update notifications

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Apr 11 21:38:43 GMT 2008

I've summarized my tests & conclusions on this subject in 4 points:
1) SVN directory name,
2) plugin installation direction,
3) plugin name in readme.txt, and
4) plugin name in PHP file
must all be "consistent" if not equal. Longer story :
<http://planetozh.com/blog/2008/04/4-checkpoints-to-make-sure-plugin-update-notices-in-wordpress-will-work/>

Would love some head honcho or core coder to review this, though, just
to be sure if I'm not publicly making a fool of myself :)

Ozh

http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News
http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff