[wp-hackers] Plugin update notifications

Greg A. Bellucci greg at gbellucci.us
Tue Apr 8 12:54:08 GMT 2008

I posted this before but it has disappeared. If it shows up  - sorry.

Has anyone noticed that the automatic plugin update function isn't always
announcing plugin changes on the plugin page?. I've updated my plugin a few
times and purposely left my local copy  alone to see if I get notified  -
After a couple of days - no notification has arrived. I check the wp trac
and found ticket #6547 <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6547> . The ticket
explains that the name of plugin in the readme.txt  file has to match the
plugin header plugin name. I changed the readme.txt file plugin name to
match the plugin name in the header of the php file - committed and still no
notification.

I don't know how accurate the information in the ticket is. Has anyone else
have any ideas?