[wp-hackers] Shortcodes and formatting

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Sat Apr 5 12:23:55 GMT 2008

Personally, I think it's fine how it is and nothing should be changed
deactivation wise.

As Matt said, if you deactivate a plugin you've been using regularly, that's
your own business. It's gonna be rare that someone will use a plugin for a
long time then one day randomly get rid of it. A plugin can do a one-way
convert in the database on deactivation anyway if it's that horrible that
the shortcodes show up.

As for wrapping it in HTML comments, I'm not opposed to it being parsed by
WordPress just as long as the original is available. What if you wanted HTML
comments inside of the shortcode for example? Plus the post's source gets a
lot messier with HTML comments, especially since one is probably going to
never deactivate the plugin (see previous paragraph).

opposition to backwards compatible improvements either, just as long as they
don't bog down WordPress.

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/