[wp-hackers] Shortcodes and formatting

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Apr 4 18:28:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
>  <!--[shortcode]--> would have been nice, because it is self-cleaning.  But
> it's probably too late to change it.  So let's not cry over spilled milk.

No, I like this one, and it can be done in a compatible way. Just make
the next version recognize <!--[shortcode]--> as equivalent to
[shortcode]. If somebody really complains about it, we'll tell them to
use the self-cleaning version of the shortcodes.

This should be just a straightforward addition to the regular
expression matching the shortcodes, no?

-Otto