[wp-hackers] has_tag()

Mistah P mistahp.hackers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:45:25 GMT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Mistah P <mistahp.hackers at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  That is a handy function. I'd like to see that in core, provided it's
>  >  made a little more flexible (like returning true if there's any tag
>  >  when nothing is passed to the function, and maybe checking tags by id
>  >  or slug).
>
>  First stab at that, tell me if I missed anything:

That's nice work, Otto. It does exactly what I'd expect.

I can see one potential issue though, and this may be splitting hairs.
Should there be a way to distinguish a numeric tag slug from a tag id?
Examples: the number 666 might be a tag people use in discussions of
occultism and the number 42 might be a tag used by Douglas Adams fans.

Should there be a way to identify the type of identifier the function
should be looking for? I'm not advocating that, as it would probably
be pretty uncommon, but it may be worth discussing.