[wp-hackers] Plugins -- new header fields: max-compatible and min-compatible

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Apr 3 01:59:18 GMT 2008

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:47:50 +1100, Jeremy Visser
<jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 16:20 -0500, Stephen Rider wrote:
>> 1) When upgrading I don't have to slog through source files looking
>> for what's going to work and what's not.
>
> In that case, WordPress should automatically offer to deactivate
> untested plugins before starting the upgrade.

Thats not really possible, The upgrade proceedure is to upload the new
files, and then continue on working, The upgrade functionality only makes
any needed changes to the database.
No plugins are touched, they're just loaded as usual.

So its possible post-upgrade when all the plugins are loaded to offer to
deactivate any which have not been tested to work OK, but its kind of
pointless at that stage.
It would be possible to give a message "Warning: Several plugins which you
have active have not been tested with this version of wordpress, please
check they work OK", its not really needed, after an upgrade, checking
plugins is usually one of the first things.