[wp-hackers] Full size should mean full size

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Apr 2 20:36:12 GMT 2008

I understand the reason for it, and adding a
$_GLOBALS['custom_width']=1234 to your theme's functions.php file is
not a major obstacle for most users... Inserting a picture and having
your whole theme muck up is a far more commonplace problem.

However, I'd far prefer this to be a CSS thing instead of it inserting
an actual width value into the post content itself. Since we're giving
the theme control of the width, we should do it the proper way: by
assigning images in the posts into a class and then letting the theme
control that class.

If you're going to do it, do it right.