[wp-hackers] Shortcodes and formatting

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Apr 2 01:19:38 GMT 2008

Andy Skelton wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Duane Storey <duanestorey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only thing I don't like about plugins that use shortcodes is that
>>  if you disable the plugin, you're left with a bunch of markup that no
>>  longer renders.

I don't think that's an edge case worth worrying about. It's unlikely
that someone will use a shortcode a non-trivial amount of times and then
delete it and uninstall its plugin. If they wanted they could search for
it pretty easily.

> Ditto. Proposal:

I don't think we should add the complexity this would require. Let's
keep things simple, and focus on the basic bugs like the current ones
around validation.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com