[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: Caching in core

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Apr 1 19:10:06 GMT 2008

> I didn't think anyone understood that post. You did. :-)

Andy, I can see how implementing this for a system with no caching already present would address a lot of issues and would be really great. But I didn't really get from reading your post what this system would help do that the current WP Object Cache doesn't already make possible?

Besides making it easy for plugin authors, etc. to use the caching system without having to add a hook to invalidate each on action xxxx, that is. The current object caching model can easily address this by adding "pseudo-actions" that act as groups and are triggered each time one of the sub-actions are fired.

Maybe you could explain the other benefits of a tagging-based system vs. the current implementation?

-MQ