[wp-hackers] WordPress versions <-> functions map

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 29 22:09:04 GMT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:22:51 -0500, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:

> Viper007bond might also have to be careful of functions that
> _change_ from one version to the next.

get_the_title, get_the_ID, and remove_action come to mind immediately.

New filters would also have to be accounted for.

> Still, very cool idea.  :)

Oh, totally. I've been thinking about a compatibility-layer plugin for
some time, given that I want my plugin(s) to work all the way back to
1.5.2. It's a very similar vein to this type of checking. I don't think
there's any precedent for a "library" plugin like that, though.

--
Travis

In Series maintainer
Random coder & quality guy