[wp-hackers] [meta-topic] Improving the S:N ratio of the list

Daniel Cameron dan at scatter3d.com
Wed Sep 26 23:31:37 GMT 2007

On 9/26/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:
I think you're great and this is not a ding on you, but it illustrates that
without a List Mom *everybody* who cares about the health of a forum feels
compelled to play that role.  This makes everybody nervous, and a healthy
list can't work that that way for long.
In my experience the best way to keep list quality high is through example
and peer-pressure, based on clear and consistent guidance/feedback from a
List Mom.

Thanks Charles, I completely agree.
A "List Mom" as a third party would be able to guide the n00bs and
discourage the inappropriate poster since the guidance from the lead
developers or active subscribers are *somehow* taken personal or perceived
as condescending, which burns their flames.

You have my vote, if you can handle a bunch of maczealets then you can
handle us...maybe. Although I would suggest the "Mom" to be anonymous.

--
Dan Cameron
http://dancameron.org/wordpress