[wp-hackers] xmlrpc.php hooks

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Wed Sep 26 19:35:02 GMT 2007

Sorry for the long delay.
This ticket covers WP handling it, but since add_post_meta doesnt have
any hooks/filters it doesnt allow a plugin to step in and do anything
about it.
Also that diff only covers mw_newPost() and fails to cover mw_editPost()

I think that the diff in the ticket, and adding that to mw_editPost(),
plus my do_actions would all be good things. They can go together just fine

Joseph Scott wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2007, at 2:22 AM, Dan Kuykendall wrote:
>
>> The xmlrpc.php lacks any useful. I wanted to be able to support
>> enclosures being defined by blog clients, such as VidBlaster
>>
>> These two hooks would make this a much easier thing to do.
>>
>> In function mw_editPost immediately before $this->attach_uploads()
>>
>> do_action('xmlrpc-mw_editPost', array('postdata'=>$postdata,
>> 'content_struct'=>$content_struct));
>>

>> and in function mw_newPost immediately before $this->attach_uploads()
>>
>> do_action('xmlrpc-mw_newPost', array('postdata'=>$postdata,
>> 'content_struct'=>$content_struct));
>>

>> Other hooks may also be useful, but these two would sure help me out
>

> As far as enclosures go, does the patch on this ticket do what you need:
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3405
>
> Hooks are another issue and we certainly could have more of those in the
> XML-RPC code.
>
> --
> Joseph Scott
> http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/

Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
http://www.mightyseek.com

The ultimate security is your understanding of reality.