[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Sep 25 18:29:02 GMT 2007

Doug Stewart wrote:
> The problem is I kinda saw this reaction coming and, had Matt not
> reacted quickly and /. not posted the correction, further damage to
> WP's overall reputation could have been done, and fast.

As long as accurate information is available to reasonable people, I
think WordPress will be fine. There is *a lot* of FUD and outright lies
spread about the project by people with various motivations but truth is
the best defense. (And continuing to have a kickass product.)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com