[wp-hackers] Re: api.wordpress only returns some version updates

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 25 01:19:09 GMT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:04:55 -0700, ozgreg
<wphackers at galleryembedded.com> wrote:

> Please do not lose sight of this issue..
>
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/in-series/ Author is having the
> exact same issue as me, api.wordpress fails to return new version
> notification.

I replied with regard to this off-list directly to Matt, since I was
having some mailer issues. Since I can now post to the list properly
(yay), I suppose I should let everyone in on what that message was. :)

---

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:58:11 -0700, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
wrote:

> ozgreg wrote:
> > Anyone else having the same issues, it appears api.wordpress.org
> > seems to have some concerns with version checking??
>
> If you're having any issues just email me the plugin that caused the
> problem so I can test, and of course what you expected it to map to
> in the plugins directory.

I'm having similar issues -- everything should be set up properly (at
least, it all shows up correctly on wordpress.org), but it's just not
showing any update for me in 2.3 RC1.

Is the plugin's "tested up to", or other data used to determine
upgrade-ability? Is there some better documentation on how author's are
supposed to integrate with this functionality (I haven't found any)

http://svn.wp-plugins.org/in-series/trunk/readme.txt (refers to 3.0.6)
http://svn.wp-plugins.org/in-series/tags/3.0.4 (non-updated test)
http://svn.wp-plugins.org/in-series/tags/3.0.6 (latest version)
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/in-series/ (reports 3.0.6)

Repro:

* Install In Series 3.0.4 on WP 2.3 RC1
* View the plugin admin page

Expect:
 The fact that there is an update should show up.

Actual:
 No update notification is presented.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,