[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:47:57 GMT 2007

On 9/24/07, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not advocating that we strip it out at the last moment.  I'm
> advocating for full, up-front and transparent disclosure, including,
> but not limited to, the Dev Blog announcement, the release notes and
> any external communications that get sent out to whomever cares to
> receive information on the latest WordPress releases.

Not to reply to myself, but, well...

We already have a subpage under Options called "Privacy" dedicated to
a single radiobutton option.  In 2.3.1 or 2.4, we ought to add "Send
my blog information back to the WordPress mothership.  This will help
WordPress developers make WordPress better, faster, safer and more
secure."

Then, the bikeshed can be red OR blue, depending on how Neo-ish you're
feeling that particular day.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/