[wp-hackers] Re: Strangeness in posts in latest svn rev

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Sep 22 06:23:06 GMT 2007

On Sep 22, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2007, at 11:08 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:
>
>> Aha!  Ne'ermind.  Looks like Mark's Page Links To plugin is at fault.
>> It's hooking into the page saving code and b0rking something along
>> the
>> way.  Pages save with it disabled, and then the link to functionality
>> works if the plugin is reenabled, but all pages added when the plugin
>> is active are moved over to draft status in the posts queue.
>
> I can't duplicate this.  Are you using the latest version?  Please
> follow up with me directly so I can get this resolved!

Nevermind!  Thought this sounded familiar.  It has nothing to do with
the plugin, and everything to do with a nasty WordPress bug:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3700

Definitely need to get that fixed in 2.4 -- in the meantime, don't
add postmeta via AJAX before saving a page for the first time!

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services