[wp-hackers] Pseudo-Cron

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Sep 21 21:14:53 GMT 2007

Okay, I see what I was missing now.

wp_reschedule_event is used by wp-cron.php. When a recurring event is
scheduled, it calls this function to schedule the next recurring
event.

This means that for any recurring event, only the next recurrance of
it is actually scheduled. When the event finally gets around to
running, wp-cron reschedules it by creating a new event in the future,
then it unschedules the existing event, then it runs the hook.

This also means that calling wp_unschedule_event on a recurring one
unschedules the whole event, recurrances and all.