[wp-hackers] Re: Packing JavaScript

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Thu Sep 20 16:03:46 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 17:51 +0200, Alex Günsche wrote:
> For example, in Firefox, you can see cached files with about:cache,
>  and there's not a single JS file in my list.

Correction: There actually are cached, I forgot to look into the disk
cache.

Anyway: I have run a test with Wireshark, because I had the feeling that
the number of requests wasn't lower. And indeed: Firefox still issues
the requests, now with If-Modified-Since and If-None-Match headers, and
it receives 304. Bottom line: The number of data transferred is indeed
lower, the number of requests is not reduced -- at least for me.

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net