[wp-hackers] Ajaxian Page Ordering for Wordpress

Bernardo Santos berpasan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:17:42 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice suggestions and comments. I have now made the final
adjustments to the ajax page ordering functionality, including some of the
suggestions given and with all the bugs fixed (hopefully). It is now paging
at 20 items (I found it to be the ideal balance, but changing this number
takes no effort). The animation is now a "fade in/fade out" effect, which I
think looks less aggressive/jumpy, but that can be changed very easily as
well.

I put it together in two ways: a complete wordpress package (
http://www.bernardopadua.com/wordpress/downloads/wordpress_with_page_ordering_19_september_2007.zip)
and a patch (
http://www.bernardopadua.com/wordpress/patches/ajax%20sortable%20pages%20for%20wp.19-09-07.patch).
I have updated my sandbox (
http://bernardopadua.com/wp-sandbox/19-sep-2007/wp-admin/edit-pages.php)
where you guys can test it (user: test / pass: test).

Please, check this post for more information:
http://bitsinashortbit.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/the-final-bits-of-gsoc/

If you are interested in using the jQuery plugins that were developed to
provide this functionality, take a look at:
http://nestedsortables.googlecode.com/

Cheers,

Bernardo