[wp-hackers] Packing JavaScript

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Tue Sep 18 20:34:56 GMT 2007

This is not true because of browser cache.

besides, you need to look at the bigger picture:

how much you are effecting the entire size of data a user gets when
connecting to the blog, not just how much you save from the javascript.

for example, if your entire front page is 200k including images and
everything, and you can save 10k of javascript out of 20k, you didn't
save 50%, you saved 5%.

in addition, the javascript is used mostly in the admin section,  the
default theme does not include ANY javascript files.

I think if there is an option, we should compacted javascript files
provided by library authors.

nothing more.