[wp-hackers] Plugin Challenge: Post from an iPhone

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Sep 17 14:29:27 GMT 2007

I agree with you in principle, _but_...

The iPhone has a hugely more sophisticated web browser than pretty
much any mobile machine out there.  The thing basically runs a full
deesktop browser.

This has two ramifications with regards to a "mobile interface"

1) It can actually run the regular WP interface pretty well

2) As more website and such code for the advanced capabilities of the
iPhone, it is pushing hard on other producers to create mobile
devices that can handle complex sites.

I don't think it's a bad idea to create a _really_ stripped-down
interface for run-of-the-mill mobile devices, but I like the idea of
creating a full-function (or most-function) for devices that are on
this high level.  Other devices will catch up in time -- the market
demands it.  :)

I want to figure out how well the iPhone runs Ajax.

I have some strong ideas about interface.  I'll write again when I've
had a bit of time...

Stephen